Jul 26, 2022
Our host Shannon Penrod PONI (Parent of a Neurodiverse
Individual) shares parenting hacks for bedtime rituals! Tips
are shared that parents can use at home and help get their child to
- You do have the power to change the bedtime ritual – but only
if you are well rested yourself. Call in reinforcements if
- The bedtime ritual starts in the morning and lasts all
- Physical activity is a great success strategy.
- The night time ritual: Dinner with no stimulants, bath or swim,
special jammies, reading/singing, low key fun in bed, leaving.
Reward good sleep behaviors.
- The bedtime pass.
- Separation anxiety
- Other nighttime problems – sleepwalking, night terrors,
smearing, waking at a specific time
- When nothing works – get help, check medical, look for
#BuildingLanguage #Autism #autismpodcast
Recorded Live 10am PT July 25, 2022
#Parents #Bedtime #Autism
Order the book written by the host of Autism Live, Shannon