Our host Shannon Penrod PONI (Parent of a Neurodiverse Individual) shares parenting hacks for bedtime rituals! Tips are shared that parents can use at home and help get their child to sleep!
- You do have the power to change the bedtime ritual – but only if you are well rested yourself. Call in reinforcements if possible.
- The bedtime ritual starts in the morning and lasts all day.
- Physical activity is a great success strategy.
- The night time ritual: Dinner with no stimulants, bath or swim, special jammies, reading/singing, low key fun in bed, leaving. Reward good sleep behaviors.
- The bedtime pass.
- Separation anxiety
- Other nighttime problems – sleepwalking, night terrors, smearing, waking at a specific time
- When nothing works – get help, check medical, look for clues.
#BuildingLanguage #Autism #autismpodcast
Recorded Live 10am PT July 25, 2022
#Parents #Bedtime #Autism
Order the book written by the host of Autism Live, Shannon Penrod! https://www.amazon.com/Autism-Parent-Sanity-Saving-Spectrum/dp/1949177858
Direct download: Autism_Live_7-25-2022_Podcast_Audio.mp3
-- posted at: 12:00am PST